Job Title: Warehouse Associate
As Warehouse Associate you will have wide variety of responsibilities to ensure our customers receive the best of the very best with each order! We provide the freshest and finest produce to restaurants and are looking for someone who enjoys being organized and detailed while working in a cool refrigerated environment. Includes 401k with company match, dental, health and vision insurance, and paid time off.
Pay Rate: Pay Varies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
• Staging and organizing warehouse and produce/freezer coolers for incoming product using a stand up forklift.
• Maintain par levels for pick locations.
• Daily cleaning of coolers and freezers by sweeping, sanitation and keep trash picked up.
• Use of the First In First Out Method (FIFO) to maintain product freshness and quality.
• Assist the supervisor with various projects in the warehouse.
• Breaking down pallets by sorting, labeling, organizing and repacking product.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
• Prior experience operating warehouse equipment: pallet jack, stand-up forklift and floor scrubber.
• Ability to lift 70 lbs. or more throughout the shift.
• Ability to read English and have basic Math skills.
• Ability to work in cool to cold temperatures throughout shift: 45 degrees Fahrenheit to negative 10 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Ability to recognize and report product quality issues or expired dates.
• Ability to work an early Day Shift, 5 days per work with weekend availability. Shifts are typically 8 hours per day.
• Overtime is required based on business necessity.
For additional job information, please email or call:
At Athena Farms we believe the core of our success stems from our dedicated employees. Our experienced team, with a customer service focus, delivers the utmost service in our industry. We promote a culturally diverse workforce and seek talent from all backgrounds. Join our team and become part of the personable environment at Athena Farms, Atlanta’s leading foodservice distributor.
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401K program
- Paid time off and holidays
- Personable environment
- The Athena Farms Difference
- Customer Service Focus
- Active contributor of the Atlanta community
- We source locally grown produce to:
- Support sustainability efforts by reducing truck miles
- Benefit local farms